Del Webb Sun City Caronlina Lakes Retirement Community New Homes
Sun City Carolina Lakes is an active-adult community that sits on the banks of the Catawba River in South Carolina, six miles south of Charlotte’s city limits. Some 5,000 people from across the nation now call Sun City their home.
In the Charlotte region, Sun City is unique. As you will see from the many photos on the pages that follow, our amenities and lifestyle offerings yield the best of resort-style living.
The heart of our community is its two large community centers. Their indoor space exceeds that of the next three 55+ entrants combined. More amenity space means more choices of daily events to keep you entertained, enlightened, and physically active. In addition, a public 18-hole golf course winds its way among our ten lakes, around our homes, and past our miles of walking trails.
Adjacent to our lively community is a busy shopping center with restaurants, medical offices, a large supermarket, and much more. These are easily accessible on foot or by car and golf cart.
Although the postal service lists Sun City in Fort Mill, our community is located on U.S. Highway 521 in Indian Land. We welcome you for a visit. Experience Sun City Carolina Lakes for yourself! Charlotte 55+ exclusives, found only at Sun City Carolina Lakes!
- Three swimming pools, including an indoor pool
- Eight professionally managed clay tennis courts
- Largest ballroom this side of uptown Charlotte
- 53,000 square feet of indoor amenity space
- Ballroom stage is handicap-accessible
- 18-hole public golf course
- Pottery studio and two kilns
- Indoor walking track
- 388 acres of open space
- Ten lakes, with great fishing
- Softball complex with covered bleachers
- Kayak and canoe center, with Catawba River access
Golf cart access to essential services, including multiple dining options, multiple pharmacies, a large regional supermarket, the Del Webb public library, and much more!